May 13, 2013

A Full Plate of Ministry... and Life

When I began this blog, I had intentions of posting at least twice a week. I did exactly that for three weeks and then a little thing called ministry and life happened.

I'm not going to spend this post making excuses for my lack of posting, but between revival, numerous special ministry services, and my 11th anniversary something had to take a back seat.  That something was this blog.

Not that I'm apologizing for doing ministry. It's what God has called me to do. And ministry will be my primary focus, outside of my family of course.

Part of that ministry is this blog. And it will be treated as such in the future.

In addition to helping out with revivals and leading many worship services these last few weeks, my wife and I took a weekend off to celebrate our 11th anniversary.

Despite the rigors of traveling over six hours to spend one sunny day at the beach, it was so worth it. Never underestimate the physical and emotional renewal that just getting away for a couple of days can bring.

It has definitely been a full plate of ministry and life in recent weeks, but I'd rather have a full plate to begin with and leave it empty than to have nothing going on at all.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me



I'm Joel A. Barker - I'm a worship pastor and soon-to-be church planter. The Church is my passion. This site is the home base for my ministry, featuring thoughts on all things worship, devotion, and the Kingdom. Kick back and stay a while.

Like my Facebook page